6.21.2013

Campaign Launch

It's time to get the campaign rolling for the 2013 City Council Elections! I'm excited for the opportunity to serve the citizens of Centerville on the City Council.

I wanted to take a second to reiterate a few important items for this campaign:

  • I love living in Centerville. I grew up here, and I think this the best place to raise my own kids. I want to make sure Centerville stays Centerville. It sounds a little cliche, but I truly believe it. On the City Council I will work to make sure the city keeps all the charm of a small town while staying competitive and strong.
  • I believe in limited government. I've spoken in the past about limiting the city's "ins" into our lives. I believe city government is essential to provide basic services and meet basic needs, but I also think we need to be prudent in the way we consider new services. Centerville is a relatively small city, we don't need to be everything that larger cities are. Let's do what we can, but not forget who we are.
  • I have a strong financial background which will allow me to focus on fiscal issues within the City. I have more than a decade of financial analysis experience including business analysis, budgeting, finance, lending, etc. I can work closely with the Finance Director and others to ask all the right questions, and even help provide some answers.
Over the next few weeks I will be out and about meeting with you and introducing myself to some new people. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to let me know. If you would like a sign for your yard I can arrange that.

Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me. I hope I have to opportunity to meet with you, and I appreciate your support.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment